:: Main » Products & Technologies » Marine Simulators & Multimedia training software » FRB Fast Rescue Boat Simulator
FRB Fast Rescue Boat Simulator
The simulator "FRB" is designed in conformity with STCW Regulation VI/2-2 and is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.24.
FRB is intended for training and demonstration of competence of seafarers who are designated to take charge of a fast rescue boat.
The FRB Simulator is also suitable for training of Coast Guard rescuers.
List of basic simulated exercises:
- Start Up and Shut Down of the FRB
- FRB handling and maneuvering
- High speed meneuvering
- Basic High and Low Speed Operations
- Prevailing Sea and Weather Conditions
- Heavy Weather Operations
- Open Water Rescue
- Carry out search patterns, taking account environmental
- Man overboard search and recovery
- Use of emergency equipment
- Communication between FRB, a helicopter
and a ship
- Propulsion equipment/console operation
- Damages of Engine and Buoyancy
- Anchor handling
The simulator includes the following models:
an active model of Fast Rescue Boat (RHIB),
a target model of a Liferaft,
a target model of a Container Vessel,
a target model of Helicopter.
Target models are controlled from the instructor station. This is done either manually by the instructor, or automatically as programmed into the exercise.
- Sea port area,
- Open sea area.
The simulator consists of the Instructor workplace (IWP) software and one or several Students workplaces (WPS).
WPS can be presented in base or compact configuration.
Base configuration includes steering stand which is realized as real steering stand with built-in steering wheel, sensor control panel and visualization system on the projection apparatus and LCD panel.
Compact configuration includes steering stand and visualization system of the surfaced plant which come out on the display of the monitor. Steering is carried out with the help of joystick and mouse. Compact version can be easily installed in any computer class having a local network.
Functional features of software
Instructor workplace (IWP)
IWP manages the process of training the student.
The instructor provides:
- choice of exercises, which contain:
- area of navigation,
- hydrometeorological conditions,
- time of the day,
- placement and trajectory of the target vessels,
- overload situations;
- adjusting the initial parameters of exercises:
- changes of the navigation situation (installation of navigation signs),
- changes of hydrometeorological conditions (strength and direction of wind, reduced visibility, precipitation, wave height) and time of day,
- entry of new target vessels;
- model selection and placement of ships students (active vessels);
- visual control of the students exercising. With the help of virtual cameras is possible to observe any part of the navigation area;
- active management of the students vessel. This function may be necessary to demonstrate the proper performance of the exercise;
- recording of the exercise for the debriefing;
- activation of distress signals to the liferaft.
WPS provides the student with the opportunity of multiple fulfillment of the exercises set by IWP and improving practical skills.
Students workplace(WPS) imitates:
- steering stand with built-in steering wheel engine control (throttle/gears)
- sensor control panel including:
- magnetic compass,
- navigation lights control buttons,
- search light control buttons,
- speed counter,
- panel for activation of distress signals;
- visualization of the surrounding surface situation.
The simulator is supplied with a set of technical and operational documentation, including training and guidance on practical training.
Simulator is developed in the English and Russian languages.